Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: restoring mk1

Was yellow IMG_20190226_073536.jpg
    There is another nova local to me in bodelwyddan which is yellow..I need a steering boss extension to bring the wheel more comfortable to drive

Apart from doing the wiring have done all the work my self and enjoyed doing it most while on furloughed

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Aha - Mk4 rear undertray as well.

ADD did not offer the Nova in yellow gel coat (only 3 colours were available to keep costs down, lime green, blue and red), but the lime green has a strong yellow content, which shows up as yellow in most of the contemporary magazine articles at the time.

I would say your car was originally lime green...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

...No sunroof either, as the ADD cars all came with manual canopy actuators from the factory (Austin Maxi tailgate gas rams, if your hydraulic options don't pan out).

Lauren

20200828_092136.jpg this is the one in Bodelwyddan

Couldn't get mk1 rear at the time I was rebuilding the nova, managed to get parts car on internet from auction in Preston sold it on to a chap in elsmereport

When restoring the body there is a number in the fiberglass behind the number plate 96was wondering what it means if any one knows??

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Holden View Post
    When restoring the body there is a number in the fiberglass behind the number plate 96was wondering what it means if any one knows??
    Hi Barry - if the number is on the rear undertray it may be a date code, 1996 would have been about right for a Nova Developments Mk4 moulding.

If it is on the front undertray on the curved spare wheel surround behind the number plate, I have no idea - the ADD Mk1 bodyshell had the serial number moulded into the fibreglass on the drivers side inner wheelarch under the bonnet. The markings were made by using Dymo tape in the mould, but someone got a bit lazy at No. 125, as there appear to be several cars with that serial.

I am not aware of any other markings on Mk1 cars.

Lauren

Ya its behind the number plate on front undertray not seen any other