Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: windscreen washer system

windscreen washer system

I'm waiting on the electrical connectors to get here so in the mean time, to stay busy and try to be productive while I'm waiting I'm getting some of the little items out of the way.

Case in point
    Went to the dismantler/salvage/junk yard today to acquire some parts so I could start working on the windscreen washer system.
    I had these on a previous bonnet/hood that I had and they worked quite well. They are from a Volvo
    Very low profile so they don't stick out and look too ugly and the nozzles are made out of copper tubing so they can be bent a little to adjust the direction of the spray. Reservoir bottle so far(unless I find something better) is out of a Mitsubishi Eclipse(rear window).

PC240001.jpg

PC240002.jpg

PC240003.jpg

PC240004.jpg

They are very neat. Just the job.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

They would work on the bonnet, but not the canopy. I found that for canopy mounted ones they pretty much have to be raised on a pedestal. What Volvo model did they come from and where exactly would you mount them on the bonnet?

I haven't got to that stage yet so maybe an option

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    They would work on the bonnet, but not the canopy. I found that for canopy mounted ones they pretty much have to be raised on a pedestal. What Volvo model did they come from and where exactly would you mount them on the bonnet?

I haven't got to that stage yet so maybe an option
    Not that its impossible(it can be done) to mount them in the canopy but then you have to run that much more water line up into the canopy and make sure it doesn't get pinched or pulled as the canopy moves up and down.

I think the ones on pedestals wouldn't look good on the car.

I found 2 different styles. The one on the left came from a S70(late 90's). The one on the right came from a 2000 S80 however when I went to look for a spare set the next S80 didn't have this style.
    On the S70 they used 2 in the bonnet and on the S80 there were 3.
    On the outside washer nozzles of the S80 the angles are different. One squirts straight and the other is angled more toward the center of the windscreen.
    Maybe those with a sharp eye can see that in the picture.
    With The center washer on the S80 the nozzles are at an even angles.
    Also the S80 nozzles have a smoother profile to them

PC250001.jpg

PC250002.jpg

PC250003.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi Brett, I'd like to know what car (model) the outlets are off as well, I plan on mounting mine either on the bonnet or the inner angle of front wings (either side of the bonnet hinges).

I would like to find an OEM quality washer bottle & pump as well; I will check that one out, thanks.

This is where I'm going to mount the washer reservoir/bottle. Still have some work to do on it

I would have mounted it higher but the retractable headlight system is in the way.

Its from a 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse. (rear washer bottle)

PC250004.jpg

PC250005.jpg

So the plan is to run the filler inside the bonnet area (I mean hood!)

I guess you are making an extension tube to fill and a cover to keep the road crap off?
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    So the plan is to run the filler inside the bonnet area (I mean hood!)
    Thats the plan.

I'm searching the web and putting together a list of filler necks with a 90* angle in them so when I go to the yard next time I know where to look.

Washer Neck Audi A4.jpg

Washer Neck XK8.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi Brett, I'd like to know what car (model) the outlets are off as well, I plan on mounting mine either on the bonnet or the inner angle of front wings (either side of the bonnet hinges).

I would like to find an OEM quality washer bottle & pump as well; I will check that one out, thanks.

Reasonably priced

https://www.partsforvolvosonline.com...oducts_id=3189