Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: windscreen washer system

Quote Originally Posted by spacenut View Post
    i'm sure there are plenty of ways of tidying up the fixtures and fittings, but i hope that my haphazard placement of zip-ties doesn't detract from what is essentially a good idea...

Lauren

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of ways of tidying up the fixtures and fittings, but I hope that my haphazard placement of zip-ties doesn't detract from what is essentially a good idea...

Lauren
    Yes I can testify how effective a wiper based washer system is. My wife's car has the washer built into the wipers. The first time I used it I thought the washer fluid wasn't working as the normal jet of water onto the screen didn't happen, yet the screen cleared beautifully and I eventually realised what was happening. The clever people at Peugeot obviously copied your idea Lauren. The other benefit I have become aware of is the washer fluid lasts much longer as the system is much more efficient so less topping up required
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Hi guys - having experienced the dousing from front wing mounted windscreen washers, and also how ineffective they are in this position, particularly when travelling at speed, I went for a wiper mounted washer nozzle...

The nozzle is a triple-jet which has a moulded tab for a screw mount. I cut this tab off, and fashioned a rectangular slot in the body so that it would locate onto the side of the wiper arm and is held in place with a tie-wrap/zip tie, as is the washer hose that fits into the recess on the underside of the pantograph control arm. It ain't pretty, but it does work.

Inside the canopy I have routed the hose between the inner and outer skins to the drivers side canopy hinge, where there are holes for the wiper motor wiring loom. The hose is routed through the holes and down the tube, and connects to the washer bottle hose just before it goes into the bodywork. I have connected together the two hoses with a non-return valve, so there is always a head of washer fluid in the line up to the wiper nozzles.

Of course, the only reason I can use the holes in the hinges for the wiper wiring loom is because I am using a hatchback rear wiper contact plate...

Clearly there are differences between my wiper configuration and the standard Nova implementation, but there is nothing here that can't be applied to a standard Nova and after many years of use in all weathers I would certainly recommend this arrangement over a bonnet/hood or wing mount nozzle.

Lauren
    I've been looking at all options and another is to convert my dry arm to a wet one.

https://www.amazon.com/200242-Pantog.../dp/B07QR72YVN

https://www.amazon.com/Dyna-200487N-...4R4W77EMQEBJKB

Or just buy a kit to convert a dry arm to a wet one.

https://www.amazon.com/Wet-Kit-Wiper...0G1FYAGS&psc=1

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    That All looks very neat and out of the way.

Nice one

Dirk

Looking clean and an uncluttered look to the bonnet area, and I assume wheel arch liners will cover the bottle and back of the light area also.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I assume wheel arch liners will cover the bottle and back of the light area also.
    Thats the plan

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    I never occurred to me to place the reservoir outside the front compartment with the filler cap inside, very nice solution.

Have you checked to make sure your front wheel doesn't foul the reservoir when on full lock Brett?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Have you checked to make sure your front wheel doesn't foul the reservoir when on full lock Brett?
    I've been waiting for someone to ask that question.

More than enough clearance and if it wasn't for the retractable headlights being in the way I could of put a larger washer reservoir bottle in there.