Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Nova for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Maybe someone didn't read, "So you want to build a kit car". Hmmmm.
    COVID-19 happened and I don't have an indoor garage, so I was paying for garage space and storage. I simply couldn't afford it in the end with work nearly laying me off.

There we also decisions I made financially that could have been done differently, but its uncertain times right now.
    Last edited by Red_Vodka; 11-01-2021 at 07:39 PM.

i THOUGHT HE WAS QUITE CLEAR AS TO WHY HE IS SELLING, If everyone read that, or similar articles, there would be less heartaches. One does not need to know the circumstances, only the sad outcome.

I
    I am also getting there where enough is enough and I need to 'de-clutter' am seriously considering selling the SS, it seems impossible to get it legal in Spain and as no one would buy it as a track day car I will probably have to break it.
    There was a time when you were thinking of selling

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    There was a time when you were thinking of selling

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Vodka View Post
    Hey guys, long time no see.

The car itself comes with a completed shell, windscreen, dual oil cooler, 2.3 high performance turnkey engine that needs to only be installed. Reconditioned high performance gearbox, wheels so it does roll, Roof canopy still works. All lines are braided steel.

*SOLD*
    *SOLD*
    *SOLD*
    Well done Tobias! Hopefully you'll be able to get another Nova one day when circumstances improve. Could you possibly encourage the new owner to join the Forum (if they're not already a member).

All the best, Alistair

Touché, But that was bureaucracy changing, not me. I will finish it and be road going, again, but if I can legally drive it is another matter.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Touché, But that was bureaucracy changing, not me. I will finish it and be road going, again, but if I can legally drive it is another matter.
    Does anyone ever "finish" one of these projects? Hopefully not! I really did "finish" one project car, thankfully just one, my first, a Mk1 Ford Fiesta rebuilt write off. I saw the clock go over 100k, did 80k+ of those miles in it myself, very sadly the next owner was the scrapper. I waxoiled it to death, but it just rotted at the seams, 20 years of standing outside. The 2nd engine was still good. The first engine threw a ring and holed a piston leaving a very deep groove in the bore.

Hi Red Vodka.

Its a bummer when things force your hand & you have to sell.

Building a Nova is a learning curve for all as they all turn out so different built on different budgets etc.

I was thinking of selling mine at one point just to make room for my next project.

Never give in & keep going onto the next project.

Cheers
    Mostin
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

New job forced my hand a bit, I still love the cars immensely and will attempt again in 5 or so years when I have a house with a garage!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Vodka View Post
    New job forced my hand a bit, I still love the cars immensely and will attempt again in 5 or so years when I have a house with a garage!
    Sorry but that doesn't always help, I moved to a house with a double garage below and got less time on the car as I had to work my butt off to pay for the bloody house, now In a flat and car 40 Km away I do at least have an excuse but having to pay 145€ a month.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl