Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the mark always registered as Beetle was or can it be Sterling ?

Is the mark always registered as Beetle was or can it be Sterling ?

I vaguely remember reading a year ago that some cars were registered as Sterling sports or something along those line rather than VW Beetle. Can anyone confirm ?

There are various marks it has been registered as in the UK, a few examples :

1. VW Sports
    2. Nova
    3. Nova Sports
    4. VW Beetle

Many are changing theirs these days as DVLA seems somewhat more reasonable nowadays. I changed one of mine from VW Sports to Nova
    Last edited by islandman; 24-01-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    There are various marks it has been registered as in the UK, a few examples :

1. VW Sports
    2. Nova
    3. Nova Sports
    4. VW Beetle

Many are changing theres these days as DVLA seems somewhat reasonable now. I changed one of mine from VW Sports to Nova
    I agree Dvla couldn't be more reasonable, sent completed form on a Monday and by Thursday they'd changed it from VW sports to Nova

Reason I'm asking is because the rules to Import cars over 30 years old in Greece are very strict. From my understanding Kit Cars are illegal since the car has to remain in it's stock form for historical upkeeping purposes.

The few guys that use VW Beetles and manufacture legal Kit Cars locally like the RCH 365, register their car as it's own make rather than a beetle.

My question is if they would reject a kit car based on the Beetle because they would look at the specifications of a beetle and they wouldn't match , what specifications does a Nova or a Nova Sports legally have to uphold in government papers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    Reason I'm asking is because the rules to Import cars over 30 years old in Greece are very strict. From my understanding Kit Cars are illegal since the car has to remain in it's stock form for historical upkeeping purposes.

The few guys that use VW Beetles and manufacture legal Kit Cars locally like the RCH 365, register their car as it's own make rather than a beetle.

My question is if they would reject a kit car based on the Beetle because they would look at the specifications of a beetle and they wouldn't match , what specifications does a Nova or a Nova Sports legally have to uphold in government papers ?
    Have a look at the Dvla site under kits & rebuilds you should find the info you need there

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Have a look at the Dvla site under kits & rebuilds you should find the info you need there
    I've looked and I can't find anything too useful. I was asking something more specifically about the Nova.

Here's some spec
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Here's some spec
    Thanks so much for the specs , do you mind sending the first page again in a better quality since I can read the text ?

Try this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Love the 'build time' !!