Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Nova for sale in Sheffield

I went to see the show winning Nova in Switzerland.
    You guys made sure I saw sense. We didn't really fit in it. The owner thought it was worth a fortune.
    Hopefully he still has it and sorts it out. I tracked down a previous seller who described it as having a gearbox issue with one gear not working. I think the owner wasn't ready to let go. It was not properly imported at the time so it all seemed a bit much for us. I went to school in Sheffield.
    It is kind of cool that it is becoming Nova Centrum. I guess Joseph has the Nova bug 😀.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    ... and if you look at the photos that Joseph has posted (I’ll try to find the link and edit this post later) the 1st photo he put up several years ago was of the metallic red ‘show winning’ Nova with all the trophies and the ‘questionable’ redesign of its rear end.

(( Addition ---- the red 'show winning' Nova is the last video at the bottom of the list of videos in Joseph's youtube channel which also include Mark's Gulf Nova ))

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp3...g6dYwdg/videos

It kinda looks like Joseph’s starting to become a ‘Nova dealer’ ... and it’ll be interesting to see the advert for Tobias’s red Nova!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Nova...0AAOSwl29gGPwE

>> 1969 Nova MK1 - Ferrari Lamborghini AC Cobra GT40 Replica Kit Car VW Volkswagen | eBay

Am I the only person that thinks that a £12k price tag is a bit cheeky for that car?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    >> 1969 Nova MK1 - Ferrari Lamborghini AC Cobra GT40 Replica Kit Car VW Volkswagen | eBay

Am I the only person that thinks that a £12k price tag is a bit cheeky for that car?
    Yes my jaw dropped too when I saw the price. However, they're worth whatever someone is prepared to pay and in the classic car world there are loads of examples of jaw dropping prices paid for cars once thought of as mundane.

(Not that the Nova could ever be described as mundane)
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Yes my jaw dropped too when I saw the price. However, they're worth whatever someone is prepared to pay and in the classic car world there are loads of examples of jaw dropping prices paid for cars once thought of as mundane.

I agree .... but it's also clear that road going Novas are extremely rare and as time passes, are likely to become even rarer.

I'm a fan of 'Bangers & Cash' (on Freeview Ch 26). If you've not seen it, it's about a family run classic car auction house called "Mathewsons" in Yorkshire. There was an absolute wreck of a Mini Cooper S (very rare) which went for £10k recently. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a Nova turned up at that auction ... they even had a couple of AC Cobra replicas that went under the hammer recently.

I suspect from what we've seen over the past few years a Nova could now be seen as a reasonable investment which is likely to increase in value

While I can see work in progress cars being significantly cheaper... complete, roadworthy Nova's?
    I'm not surprised by the price tag

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post

Steve, the advert for Andrew’s black Nova is no longer there ... so perhaps it’s been sold? If so, that was really quick!
    Alistair

Marks Nova is back up for sale - £13.5k now - I think the speculators have moved in

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...are_attachment
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Marks Nova is back up for sale - £13.5k now - I think the speculators have moved in

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...are_attachment
    Hmmm ... well, at least it gives Mark the chance to buy her back again!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hmmm ... well, at least it gives Mark the chance to buy her back again!
    Dan has already said that you me !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Dan has already said that you me !!!!!!