Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another Nova for sale in Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by T23rny View Post
    Gentlemen after an eclectic mix of previous motors I am now new owner of a black nova mk1 .... I believe this is the place to come and learn more ...
    Welcome to the asylum friend!
    There's plenty of like minded people who can and will help, share advice and add to the group insanity

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum.
    I like the stance of the car, the slot mags look good but could do with a polish ;-)
    The roof should open level (parallel) to the car, or as near as possible. There is an
    adjustment slot in the upper hinge mount, but a better solution is to remake the front arm
    of the hinge with new bushings and screw thread in the top mount to adjust the length of the arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgWWU_120BA

Sometimes small refurb turns into a 'body off' rebuild taking years. So beware ;-)
    I see the twin fuel fillers, do you have twin tanks?

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I like the stance of the car, the slot mags look good but could do with a polish ;-)
    Here's how I brought the sparkle back to mine .... hope it helps!

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post128994

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Steve and Alistair are right, that one job alone will make a huge difference.

This is my Before and After when I redid my slot mags, a world of difference

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    I know not many of you will agree, but I actually like the dull finish of slightly corroded aluminium on wheels. They look more like the original finish of cast magnesium, which is what they are trying to emulate.

But that look is reserved just for old skool wheels like Wolfie slot mags, Halibrands and the like. Modern wheels aren't supposed to look rough-cast

Welcome to the forum T23rny

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    I know not many of you will agree, but I actually like the dull finish of slightly corroded aluminium on wheels. They look more like the original finish of cast magnesium, which is what they are trying to emulate.

But that look is reserved just for old skool wheels like Wolfie slot mags, Halibrands and the like. Modern wheels aren't supposed to look rough-cast

Welcome to the forum T23rny

Lauren
    Lauren I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the same ,I used to polish the wolfie's up and then think they looked better before I spent all that time getting them all shiny
    Mike