Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Nova for sale in Sheffield

Got to be said

Hard to believe such a nice car is that inexpensive $18,500us. I got about the same when I sold mine last year and I think this one is maybe even nicer.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Wow! ... that's Andrew's Nova ... and Tobias's red Nova's lurking in the background of photos 2 and 3.

Hopefully they'll both be able to return to Nova ownership one day, but in the meantime I hope they still pop onto the Forum from time to time just like yourself Jim.

Alistair
    So it looks like Andrew's black Nova has been sold ... but Tobias's red Nova is still lurking in the background of this video (about half way through) from Joseph, the Sheffield dealer. She's sitting without her rear wheels .... maybe some work's going on before she's presented for sale? I recall that Tobias might not have fitted the replacement engine he bought for her .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pHKetqiHzQ

Keeping a close eye on this one! If you want a good Nova, now's your chance! .... unless, of course, Joseph already has a buyer for her!

Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 12-02-2021 at 12:26 AM.

We have missed our chance for a few Nova's over the past 2 years! We were a bit slow with Tobias's red Nova. Corona Virus, problem with the van we use for towing, travel bans.

I went to see that Red Nova with all the trophies at its new home in Switzerland. Same car, but the trophies were not with it. It was very expensive, the years have not been too kind to it, and it looked nothing like as good as Mark's Nova in the recent photos, and it was 70% more expensive than Marks. All the extra work on Mark's car, gearbox adapter plates, cooling, wiring, header tanks, getting it to work. £13K, it isn't expensive at all.

Peter, were you talking about changes you would do to Mark's car, or the black one?

The "Problem" I have with Mark's car, is that it would be difficult to register it abroad with that engine, and in the UK, what else could you do to it? You could take it further, fit a tubular steel chassis, with the engine rotated 180 degrees, to make it a proper mid engined car, gearbox at the rear. You can modify the VW gearbox to work in reverse like that. That dream car would be really impractical, body off to change spark plugs, etc. I would likely not finish it ever before I even start. Going the other way, fitting a bug engine back, would be sacrilege after all that work fitting the Alfa engine. The problem is, you come to the kit car world wanting to make your very own car, but life, reality, gets in the way. You are lucky if you can get a divorce for £13K (average cost is £14561, OK so I did just google it). You wouldn't need to buying that, and couldn't build it for that, the way it is. Joseph has a real dilemma, in that he has to sell the very things he loves. Surely he wants to keep that car?
    The whole world seems topsy-turvy right now, at least that is the same as ever. So which, of the Novas we didn't buy do we regret most ? It was the black one in Ireland, the one that appeared first with, then without a rear spoiler. What would I have done to it? Fitted an 8 Track player, tidied and serviced it, and called it job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    So it looks like Andrew's black Nova has been sold ... but Tobias's red Nova is still lurking in the background of this video (about half way through) from Joseph, the Sheffield dealer. She's sitting without her rear wheels .... maybe some work's going on before she's presented for sale? I recall that Tobias might not have fitted the replacement engine he bought for her .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pHKetqiHzQ

Keeping a close eye on this one! If you want a good Nova, now's your chance! .... unless, of course, Joseph already has a buyer for her!

Alistair

Hi John, The black one. Just personal taste at the end of the day but it get little grey cells working.

Going on personal and ongoing experience, getting a kit car registered abroad is almost impossible, even as in my case fully road legal in UK but homologation numbers, type approval, inspections, tests, all make it very expensive, about 1200€ minimum. and so convoluted and bureaucratic.

My divorce in 1999 cost 160 pounds. (It's me or the car", bye.) Mt mate Paul once told me, "You can divorced two ways, amicably or expensive".
    Last edited by Peter; 12-02-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Gentlemen after an eclectic mix of previous motors I am now new owner of a black nova mk1 .... I believe this is the place to come and learn more ...

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T23rny View Post
    Gentlemen after an eclectic mix of previous motors I am now new owner of a black nova mk1 .... I believe this is the place to come and learn more ...
    Welcome to the Forum T23rny

I assume that by 'black Nova Mk1' you're the new owner of Andrew's old Nova which was recently for sale by Joseph in Sheffield?

Best to start a new thread under 'Your Cars' and tell us all about your purchase and what plans you have for the car. .... and it's always appreciated if members post lots of photos in their thread!

Alistair

Welcome aboard to the world of Nova ownership, plenty of help can be found here to get you going. As Alistair said, start a thread and post some photos

Quote Originally Posted by T23rny View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Did you buy the car for yourself or to sell on?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Thanks for the welcome ladies and gentlemen sorry .
    I normally buy and improve, enjoy and then look for a change so will look to do similar with this .. just as I get it to my liking i generally look for another project.. this one is your friend Andrew’s apparently and has just gone in for paint work and new windscreen... currently looking to upgrade/ improve with keeping ‘genuine’ if that’s the right word improvements ..so after this will involve interior works to carpet etc ..