Thread: 40 year old Mk1 Nova kit .... never completed (£3k)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar

40 year old Mk1 Nova kit .... never completed (£3k)

Interesting one. No mention of a V5, but it's on a VW chassis, has a windscreen .... and a V8 engine!

If Mrs Bluenova was to allow me to get another Nova (which she won’t ) I’d be tempted to go for this one and sell the V8 lump

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nova-ster...r/294026251612

Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 22-02-2021 at 09:42 AM.

wow, other than the obvious rear hacking to the body for the V8 an unmolested body mark 1, panels like the front undertray appear to have never been fitted as no mounting holes drilled yet, and the dash is untouched too. Good panel gaps around the canopy to body line too Its also in the Lime green that use to be very popular
    Last edited by islandman; 21-02-2021 at 11:40 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Great find. So this is an ADD (Mk1) Car because of the removable hatch 'sunroof' ?

Those are the seats I got with my Elam Mk1 many moons ago, they are more comfortable that they look.

Interesting to see the side pockets in matching gel coat...

I see the owner has kept the panels he chopped out of the back, lets hope they get glassed back on ;-)

Looks like someone will get a great project with not a lot to do, apart from junking that ancient V8 and rebuilding the rear end.
    Bit puzzled by the 'dropped' floor, so little, looks about 1 1/2" and retaining the original seat mounts
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Looks like an abandoned project that never saw the light of day? There's a distinct lack of holes in the bodywork to indicate it was ever put together. The rear louvre is missing too, but never the less it would be a great car for someone to build.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Great find. So this is an ADD (Mk1) Car because of the removable hatch 'sunroof' ?

Those are the seats I got with my Elam Mk1 many moons ago, they are more comfortable that they look.

Interesting to see the side pockets in matching gel coat...

I see the owner has kept the panels he chopped out of the back, lets hope they get glassed back on ;-)
    That's right Steve - manual canopy too, you can see the Austin Maxi gas rams. The seat shells are interesting because they show that ADD produced the highback variant before the Elams took over. But the removable sunroof panel was only offered from 1974. ADD also fitted the screen during manufacture, hence all the glazing is in place without the car ever being roadworthy. Green screen too!

This is the first time I have seen an unfaded green gel coat finish on an ADD car - I absolutely love it!

Rover V8 was always a big mistake on these cars, it doesn't fit (although I believe Keith Stringer built - or acquired - a mid-engined Nova which was built in the same way as a UVA M6 GTR - engine laid over the VW floorpan and mated to the VW transaxle with the CWP flipped). As you say, all the bits seem to have survived, perhaps it can be glassed back together...

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Just thought; as the rear section is already cut out why not leave it so and bond a flange onto the body and have as a removable section?
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Just thought; as the rear section is already cut out why not leave it so and bond a flange onto the body and have as a removable section?
    It does look like the rear valance has has some modifications already so potentially more to do than simply bond (or bolt) it back, and may also depend on what engine the new owner wants in there too.

I hope it goes to a good home