Thread: Interesting styling of the Nova

Hybrid View

Interesting styling of the Nova

What’s your thoughts on this take of a Nova?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it with the exception of the windscreen and flimsy soft top arrangement. Instead of a full screen it would be better with a cut down wind deflector instead, such as the type seen on Can Am race cars of the 60's and 70's

c700ad1df53323cf029d07ce50fd9961.jpg
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I like it with the exception of the windscreen and flimsy soft top arrangement. Instead of a full screen it would be better with a cut down wind deflector instead, such as the type seen on Can Am race cars of the 60's and 70's

c700ad1df53323cf029d07ce50fd9961.jpg
    I suppose they are still trying to keep it an “all weather car”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe Corvette. Don't like screen, they could have made it a bit steeper and gain some headroom and a decent hard top too, rest of it is probably where the Nova would be today if still in production and somewhere near what the Eagle SS was going to be under TEAC ownership. certainly much of the styling was similar. anyway, a very nice exercise in styling and nicely done to a high standard..
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

I'm seeing both a hardtop and a soft top - that takes some work to do right. Windshield angle hasn't changed. I don't hate it - a lot of work went into the car for sure. But between the rear valance and the side sills, it has a very bloated look. Isn't this a Puma?

what is interesting is that taking what was a beautiful timeless classic design and making so few subtle changes can alter the whole perspective of the car and turn it into something dated and less attractive. The rounding off of all the sharper lines on the edges made it look "fatter".

Frankly I'll take the original Nova design every-time over this

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by letterman7 View Post
    I'm seeing both a hardtop and a soft top - that takes some work to do right. Windshield angle hasn't changed. I don't hate it - a lot of work went into the car for sure. But between the rear valance and the side sills, it has a very bloated look. Isn't this a Puma?
    It's a French Scobra I believe. But clearly derived from the Puma one-piece body shell moulding. I don't dislike it either, but my personal preference would be a removable hard top, but better still ditch the heavy screen and have a wraparound aeroscreen instead, like Phill was suggesting.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!