Thread: Tracking problems

Tracking problems

Just after a bit of advice
    My (markís) nova has been fitted with the red 9 kit on the front suspension. Not the full wishbone / rack one - but the one that uses original steering box.
    The tracking is badly out and when my local garage reset it the minute you drive the car it goes out again. In looking at the set up there are two bars top and bottom that run from wheel to wheel. The bottom one appears to have movement ie the rod that goes through the side to side tube (which may have been a torsion bar in the original set up) is moving horizontally within the outer tube which stays still.
    Is this normal ? And would this cause the tracking issue.
    Thanks
    Jonathan

To all

Its been a while since I fitted it to the car, and Jon and I had a discussion about this yesterday.

From looking at the Red9 site and photos there is something in the back of my mind about a locking screw in the centre of the beam !!!!! The bar should be fixed. Its only the ends that rotate..

Does anyone have the fitting instructions that come with the kit for Jon that they can upload ?

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    I donít have the fitting instructions but I did consider fitting the Red9 through bars and yes, it absolutely must have the grub screws fitted in the centre of both torsion tunes to prevent any horizontal (driver side to passenger side) movement. Itís therefore a very cheap fix!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I don’t have the fitting instructions but I did consider fitting the Red9 through bars and yes, it absolutely must have the grub screws fitted in the centre of both torsion tunes to prevent any horizontal (driver side to passenger side) movement. It’s therefore a very cheap fix!
    Just to confirm that the bar needs to be fixed by the centre grub screws. If not the bars will just "float" back & forth.

Also as Buffy said its just the ends that rotate.

Cheers
    Mostin.
    ďA plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrongĒ

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Info and instructions on this thread:

Front torsion leaves (euro-nova.co.uk)

Thanks

My thanks for all the advice
    Sounds like Iíve got the answer !