So as itís impossible to get new thermostats like the originals, I thought I would have a go at repairing a couple and see how I get on:







Tested the thermostats in water to see that both were leaking from the top seam, so gently heated the top until it simply slid off.




A bit of cleaning up of the mating surfaces to wipe off the excess solder and they are ready for fitting back on once I have cleaned out the hole where I will add the Isopropyl Alcohol prior to bunging up and hopefully back in working condition.




More photos to follow tomorrow once I have cleaned out the hole and got it ready for assembly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk