Thread: another Nova on ebay

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

another Nova on ebay

I vaguelly recall seeing this one before...
    There appears to be enough of the chassis left for a vin plate to exist, so obtaining registration details shouldn't be impossible (if necessary).
    Unfortunately (for me), this kind of project is beyond my means, but I really hope someone buys the old girl and restores her since it would put another Nova back on the road

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    The DVLA has it on record as a 1972 Volkswagen with a 1600cc engine, date of first registration August 1972 and date of last V5C issued 16 September 1992.

Worth a punt if anyone fancies a complete rebuild, but it's a pity about the screen, and it's not clear whether it simply needs new floorpans or the chassis is not worth saving. I'd get more details and photos if I was going to bid

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Absolutely love it - when was the last time you saw a complete ADD Mk1? The only item(s) missing appear to be the dash pods - and the seats.

I like the idea of the screen trim - it's made from aluminium strips, cut to size and screwed down around the edge of the screen. So I am thinking, polished mirror finish, clear coat and bond over the screen, instead of wood screws

Very similar to the stainless steel trims used on early bonded screen cars, like Countach 002...

only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    I like the idea of the screen trim - it's made from aluminium strips, cut to size and screwed down around the edge of the screen. So I am thinking, polished mirror finish, clear coat and bond over the screen
    One of our members with the Yellow Avante did this years ago (no not Dirk), the other one...Phil's

It did look well finished, he bonded the aluminum strips down if memory serves me correctly

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    One of our members with the Yellow Avante did this years ago (no not Dirk), the other one...Phil's

It did look well finished, he bonded the aluminum strips down if memory serves me correctly
    Yes... Phil Avison. I vaguely remember now...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!