Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very special Nova for sale

Very special Nova for sale

Ladies and gents, take a look here for the bargain of the century.
    my MK1, 1972 Richard Oakes Nova is up for grabs. Very special because it not only has a 2.0 Subaru EJ20 engine but a Subarugears 5 speed reversed Subaru gearbox. The car is far from finished but it ran, and drove as a Sandrail for around 200 miles before I begun the rebuild, everything is there to complete it including all of the body panels and itís going for silly money. The gearbox alone cost me 5K.
    The all important wiring harness is there, new bespoke Compbrake fuel tank, rear LED lights, all of the bodywork, the V5 in my name, Compbrake pedals with a hydraulic clutch, Digidash, capillary oil pressure and water temp gauges, new radiator all plumbed in, twin cooling fans, bespoke Aircon unit, original Woolfrace 15Ē wheels (tyres are knackered), new battery, new Sytec fuel pump, filter, pressure gauge and pipes (E10 friendly), new timing belt, water pump and adjuster pulley, all new ĎEarlesí brake and clutch pipes, original headlights, seats, new inertia seatbelts and more.
    the roof and bodywork ore all good but need tidying, the roof doesnít lift so you will need new rams and the wiring is incomplete but itís all there. New CBS fuse box, new David Craig digital fan controller.
    without putting too finer point on it, I have Cancer and have lost all interest in this and will probably be unable to continue after a few months anyway. Iím offering it to you guys first (itís not advertised anywhere else yet) because Iíd like it to go to a genuine enthusiast who will complete with care and consideration. It needs a trailer to take it away and ideally Iíd like it gone sooner rather than later so come along with £3,000 and itís yours. Yep, 3K just promise me youíll finish it. MOT exempt, realistically I guess £500 for paint and a few parts (Aircon rad and condenser) and youíll be on the road.
    email me at; roo.hall@icloud.com for pics

Very sorry to hear about the reason for the sale, but based on that parts list and Subaru gearbox alone that is a bargain! If I were in the UK I'd be hitching my trailer to the car already, sadly I'm not
    Last edited by islandman; 09-07-2021 at 09:15 AM.

So sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I hope the car goes to someone who will finish it in your honour.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Very sorry to hear about the reason for the sale, but based on that parts list and Subaru gearbox alone that is a bargain! If I were in the UK I'd be hitching my trailer to the car already, sadly I'm not
    Thank you Islandman. Itís been a tough decision, I just hope someone with a genuine Nova passion can finish the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    So sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I hope the car goes to someone who will finish it in your honour.
    Thank you Phill. I hope so too. Cheers.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Sending you lots of positive thoughts Roo. A friend of mine was given similar news 15 years ago and heís still here. Your Mk1 looks stunning in the black & white photo that appeared in the kit car press all those years ago. Iím sure someone will get her running again soon.

All the best, Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Sending you lots of positive thoughts Roo. A friend of mine was given similar news 15 years ago and heís still here. Your Mk1 looks stunning in the black & white photo that appeared in the kit car press all those years ago. Iím sure someone will get her running again soon.

All the best, Alistair
    thank you Alistair, your kind words are very much appreciated.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear the news man,
    appreciate you offering the car on the forum first, lets hope someone here bites your arm off.
    Hope things work out for you health-wise

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Sorry to hear the news man,
    appreciate you offering the car on the forum first, lets hope someone here bites your arm off.
    Hope things work out for you health-wise
    Thank you Steve. Letís hope so. Iíd really love it to go to an enthusiast.

... damn, Sorry to hear about your circumstances friend, I really wish I could help ease your burden and give your old friend a new home, but alas that isn't so; I sincerely hope someone here can help give her a new home while the best I can do is offer my thoughts and best wishes to you and your family.

Just remember that while a Nova is a rare and special thing indeed, there is only one of you and I hope your time is filled with the love of your friends and family.
    Rory