Thread: Glasgowgolfer golf cart

Hybrid View

Glasgowgolfer golf cart

Hi all
    Unfortunately my wee golf cart has frustrated poor bush boy to the extent that he is having to step away from the rebuild project ….I cannot thank him enough for his efforts but he has other things he has to do and my wee car has fought him all the way…….I am obviously gutted after waiting a few years to find what I thought was a rebuild but as it turned out she needed major surgery…..so where does this leave the golf cart….basically up the creek without a paddle, if she has frustrated bush boy well, I am stumped….
    Options…I… doubt anyone would want the golf cart plus a bag of cash to give me their already running car lol….or is anyone mad enough to concider this…..????? …..very cheeky but hey no harm in asking as I still want a Nova ……I really don’t want to go go the flea bay route….so any suggestions…????
    Cheers
    Dave

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Really sorry to hear this Dave. If you don't get any takers for your suggestion maybe you should bring her up to Scotland and put her into storage till you can find someone who has the time and skills to be able to help you get her at least road legal?
    Best of luck!
    Alistair

Dave what a great idea! If that doesn't work out, then Alistair's idea is also a good one as I think you are better off with a Nova that doesn't go than without one! As Youtube instruction videos and welding equipment get better and cheaper, laser cutting services pop up, etc, more people are restoring VW chassis as a service and making repair sections. Hopefully things will get easier going forward.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    so what actually are the 'frustrations' / issues with it?

Build thread

If you search for Glasgowgolfers new golf cart buy Bushboy you will see how har he has came , she is not a million miles away but I just can’t think of anyone up here who can finish the job for me, I’m sure a company would charge a fortune to complete her but I’m on a budget ……

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Dave,

As I recall, the chassis had been restored by the previous owner (who was a welder?) and Martin has fixed the hydraulics for the roof, got the lights working, sorted the seat belt mounts, and stripped the engine and put it back together ... but unfortunately there’s still an issue with it.

So if the only big issue is with the engine, contact the West of Scotland VW Club and the Lothians VW Club to see if anyone can help, or if anyone has a spare working engine they’d be prepared to sell because swapping engines is straightforward for VW’s.

... Unless there’s any other big issues needing done to get her road legal??

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    If you search for Glasgowgolfers new golf cart buy Bushboy you will see how har he has came , she is not a million miles away but I just can’t think of anyone up here who can finish the job for me, I’m sure a company would charge a fortune to complete her but I’m on a budget ……
    ..yes had been following the updates with interest - some good progress made `¬)
    I just assumed that something had been identified with the car that now was an insurmountable problem, particularly as the car was coming along so well!

I must admit, I've not been able to get to / work on mine for two years now, but I would never sell `¬)

Will be interesting to see what is actually needed to get the car mot'd / roadworthy - doesn't need to be 'totally finished' for that `¬) ...it will put a smile on your face just to be able to drive it!