Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another finished Avante

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

Another finished Avante

I went to see Simon's finished Avante today. You may remember Simon was the founder of Red9 design and bought this Avante at Stoneleigh in 2018 I think, you may have also see this build in CKC mag.

So I've seen Simon a few times during the build and whilst his engineering skills are awesome, the car has double wish bone suspension front and rear the Subaru turbo engine is mid mounted with the Subaru gearbox in the rear, some of his cosmetic ideas that he said he was planning made me cringe a bit! exposed coolant pipes, brake pipes and gear cables in the cockpit!!!! ( I thought no we all spend soooo much time covering up these this) but I have to admit I was so wrong, it makes the car look so unique almost a rally look and I think its fab.

Here are a few photos

And one of my favorite bits the rear end using laser cut aluminium mesh stunning

Simon has always said that the car was a project more in engineering and showing his personal designs ideas rather than a love for the car. His love you may remember from the CKC VW based kits article is his Madison. Over the last few months during his retirement after selling Red9 he has been restoring a motorhome Winnebago I'm sure it is something more special that that but I just wanted to look at the Avante. Anyway he is following his dreams and chasing the sun on a trip of a lifetime until the money runs out. What a fantastic opportunity, but as a result the Avante is now for sale and I have to say this is the best Avante on the road. I think Simon is a member here but if anyone is interested you can PM me with your details and I will pass them on.

Dirk

We all have different tastes, but as you say this is a well executed example

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    I remember Alex took a photo of Simon looking at the Avante when it was for sale at Stones in 2018, and I’ve followed his build in CKC. Will be interesting to see what he gets for it. Top quality build.

( Scroll down on this link to see Alex’s photo. It’s the 2nd last one in post #50 ..... http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post126022 )
    Last edited by BlueNova; 30-07-2021 at 04:15 AM.

Are the steering wheel buttons wired? I don't see wires in any of the pictures. I do like the aesthetic, minimal focused on functional.
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

Gorgeous car, and I only just realised it has the bull horn doors just like the Miura
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    That is an impressive build. And I love the Martini racing stripes

As regards the exposed cockpit, if you are going to do all of that engineering work you might as well show it off, like a Pagani! It certainly doesn't look cheap!

The other nice aspect about the Avante is that the seating position is a little less extreme compared to the Nova, with a bit more headroom and therefore a less reclined seat, so slightly more room for a mid-mount engine!

Interesting that the car features double wishbones at the back as well, rather than the usual semi-trailing arm suspension (I won't say any more in case I get flamed!) - did you get any pictures of the innards???

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Blog Entries
    I really like it, engineering looks first class; Imagine a Nova built to this Spec

With those chassis mods it has to be a (B)IVA'd car, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Are the steering wheel buttons wired? I don't see wires in any of the pictures. I do like the aesthetic, minimal focused on functional.

It is a detachable wheel, so I am guessing the switches are wireless controlled, I think Buffy had a wireless steering wheel on his Princes.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Gorgeous car, and I only just realised it has the bull horn doors just like the Miura

I actual had to google bull horn doors but yes they are.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I actual had to google bull horn doors but yes they are.

Dirk
    Sounds like Phill and I might be just a wee bit older than you then Dirk!