Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another finished Avante

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post

Interesting that the car features double wishbones at the back as well, rather than the usual semi-trailing arm suspension (I won't say any more in case I get flamed!) - did you get any pictures of the innards???

Lauren
    Just before Red9 was sold they designed a rear end a bit like the front, the current site does not show it for the Beetle but I think it is a version of this used on the Type 2

https://www.red9design.co.uk/type2.htm

Not the best photos but you can just about see

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    It is a detachable wheel, so I am guessing the switches are wireless controlled, I think Buffy had a wireless steering wheel on his Princes.

Dirk
    I did.

It is a Summit Raptor wireless kit. You can get them for road or race spec. Looks the part and very handy for security purposes and getting in and out of the car when the wheel is not in the way …

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Just before Red9 was sold they designed a rear end a bit like the front, the current site does not show it for the Beetle but I think it is a version of this used on the Type 2

https://www.red9design.co.uk/type2.htm

Not the best photos but you can just about see

Dirk
    Thanks Dirk - yes, I can just about see the wishbones disappearing under the sides of the engine bay. The compression struts confused me at first, I thought they were part of the suspension too, but now I can see that they are supporting the gearbox.

All very impressive

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!