Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fresh Air Vents

Well done
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Another update

Got the aluminum duct hose and it was a big disappointment.
    Very thin and can easily get damaged.

Ordered this and much happier with the item. Much more durable and the interior is smooth(not perfectly smooth but better than other corrugated air ducts) .

https://www.mcmaster.com/duct-hose/f...exture~smooth/

P9090001.jpg

P9090002.jpg

im sure you will of all ready thought of this but it has pros and cons

ok, so a normal car heater runs hot water, under pressure which rarely fails or we would all get burnt by hot water spraying everywhere why not and here goes, fit a aftermarket sandwich plate or a remote oil filter kit and pipe the hot engine oil through the heater matrix ?

if you fit the heater under the front bonnet / hood and pipe the warm air in

or even fit the oil cooler in the car ?

on old ford mustangs they had a flap that allowed heat into the car or out through the outside screen grill

shouldnt be to hard to fit a bypass double valve and run the oil pipes through the tunnel ?

If not on this forum then on another forum that topic has been discussed.
    Opinions varied on how well it would work or if it would work at all, but to my knowledge no one has tried it to prove if it would work or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave0892 View Post
    im sure you will of all ready thought of this but it has pros and cons

ok, so a normal car heater runs hot water, under pressure which rarely fails or we would all get burnt by hot water spraying everywhere why not and here goes, fit a aftermarket sandwich plate or a remote oil filter kit and pipe the hot engine oil through the heater matrix ?

if you fit the heater under the front bonnet / hood and pipe the warm air in

or even fit the oil cooler in the car ?

on old ford mustangs they had a flap that allowed heat into the car or out through the outside screen grill

shouldnt be to hard to fit a bypass double valve and run the oil pipes through the tunnel ?
    A good idea Dave but I don’t think a water heater matrix will stand the pressure of the engine oil system

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    A good idea Dave but I don’t think a water heater matrix will stand the pressure of the engine oil system
    With 10 row coolers getting smaller and thinner it wouldn't be too hard to pipe a oil cooler and a bypass in, and then a 2nd cooler on the return pipe to the engine. It is something I'm going to be working on, along with A/c

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I did think of using my oil cooler as a heater source as needed but decided against it due to the fact the engine has a high pressure pump.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl