Thread: Lancia Track Day Goodwood

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Lancia Track Day Goodwood

I took the Green Machine down to Goodwood for this popular event. After missing last year due to COVID it was a busy one, which lots of non-Lancia machinery both on and off the track. Anyway, here is a short selection of images from the day...

It was pretty damp to start with...

But as the afternoon wore on, the sun did make an occasional appearance...

Plastic fantastic. A fibreglass Fezza meets the Nova. This early 308 GTS has been extensively raced in the HSCC 1970s historic race series and is a serious track monster, but in spite of this the driver was still intrigued by the Green Machine, even though it gives away 4 cylinders and 150 bhp in comparison!

Overall it was a really good day. I am slowly getting more used to small events of this type. Not sure if I am confident enough to return to Brooklands later this year (Auto Italia has been deferred until October) but I still have a month or so to decide.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Great post Lauren!

I know I'm biased, but the Green Machine is quite simply the most beautiful car there!

Alistair

I am sure that whatever the event the Green machine will turn many a head, such a clean, beautiful car.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Your car is looking great as always. Can I ask what size are the wheels and tyres?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Can I ask what size are the wheels and tyres?
    You can - wheels are 15 x 7" ET30 Weller Racing all round, with 185/65R15 at the front and 205/60R15 at the back. The odd mixture of tyre profiles keeps the body level at the optimum suspension geometry.

Because of the much wider front track dictated by the Cortina-based suspension geometry it is unlikely that I will be able to significantly increase the width of the front tyres, which may lead to supply issues in the future (not many manufacturers supplying 65% sidewall profiles these days). I have plans for my Compomotive Turbos that involve wider rubber at the back, but I have to maintain ground clearance, particularly under the nose, so I will have to see what I can do at the front - maybe 195/60 and increase the turning circle a bit...

Anyway, 185/65/15 front and 205/60/15 rear is my current set-up

Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    You can - wheels are 15 x 7" ET30 Weller Racing all round, with 185/65R15 at the front and 205/60R15 at the back. The odd mixture of tyre profiles keeps the body level at the optimum suspension geometry.

Because of the much wider front track dictated by the Cortina-based suspension geometry it is unlikely that I will be able to significantly increase the width of the front tyres, which may lead to supply issues in the future (not many manufacturers supplying 65% sidewall profiles these days). I have plans for my Compomotive Turbos that involve wider rubber at the back, but I have to maintain ground clearance, particularly under the nose, so I will have to see what I can do at the front - maybe 195/60 and increase the turning circle a bit...

Anyway, 185/65/15 front and 205/60/15 rear is my current set-up

Lauren
    Sorry, should have said ET15 not ET30.