Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet up at Stoneleigh

Hi all unfortunately show gremlins hit before we even left with the red nova. We are on our way in Ray's Green focus RS so hopefully won't get held up in traffic and see you all soon.

Just got home... a couple of fine looking vehicles on show...
    20210828_121239.jpg
    cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by wizrod View Post

Agree! But I remain very biased! Will post a link to our pictures later (I was borrowing Martha’s camera). Here she is sporting the hat we bought for her Goodwood Revival outfit in a few weeks time! She scooted around the whole showground a good few times, including a rather sorry former Club Nova pitch.

60C1C100-B8C4-4906-9751-A406D5B7CEB9.jpg

F6ADD70C-762B-4194-A730-6D465E45DD32.jpg

and at the end of the day spotted a certain blue Nova on the lane ahead of us, so gave chase and overtook to snap it!

ADBD6C06-E34B-4323-BC34-37F6E1549B44.jpg
    Last edited by jim73vw; 28-08-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Hi all,

here you go - our album of pics from today at Stoneleigh.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/jim73vw/926RLB

We attended today with trepidation to be honest. Returning to some of these shows and activities we did pre COVID has been challenging with Martha as so often we feel the absence of Sarah more when we would have always been the 3 of us.

To be honest the absence of the Club gazebo and crowd probably made it easier, but still an odd sensation, and different focus trying to keep Martha occupied and catch up with friends from various clubs and publications.

Overall I think we succeeded. Martha scooted around with Ces and Rose - what other car would allow you to form friends for 10 years with someone you sold a car to!? And yes I am biased but so pleased to see it still drawing attention. Also an odd one to look at as the last time Sarah and I used it together was our wedding day - when we sold it to Ces and Rose there was still confetti in it!

Good to see friends and chat, and novel to be warm at Stoneleigh!

Take care all, and stay safe,

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Really great selection of photos Jim ... thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by wizrod View Post
    20210828_121239.jpg
    Sorry we missed you Paul. We didn't get there till late in the day. Catch up next time.

Nice photos, shame it depicts a much reduced show, lets hope next May it will be better.

The red SS is a Lancia bets conversion, Mark has kept it in that condition since I saw it it a 1996 show.
    Last edited by Peter; 01-09-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nice photos, shame it depicts a much reduced show, lets hope next May ir will be better.

The red SS is a Lancia bets conversion, Mark has kept it in that condition since I saw it it a 1996 show.
    I agree Peter ... and I thought the SS looked like a really nice example 👍

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I agree Peter ... and I thought the SS looked like a really nice example 👍
    It was at the show 2 years ago, and had just been rebuilt. It had the best door shut lines of any eagle I've ever seen, a really nice example

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    It was at the show 2 years ago, and had just been rebuilt. It had the best door shut lines of any eagle I've ever seen, a really nice example
    It really is a problem as the rams push the bottom rear out, must ask Mark how he did it, I bent mine with heat and straps but the actuators buggered that up.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl