Thread: Spacers!!!

Spacers!!!

Hi Guys
    Has anyone used Spacers to try to bring wheels out a wee bit to reduce the Space in the Arch or are wider tyres the answer, along with bigger profile ?

Cheers

Dave

Not a fan of spacers. I think Scorpion uses pretty much the largest ones you can get (on pretty much the largest wheels you could fit), so talk to him about his experiences.
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Spacers are not a good idea as they apply great er forces on the axles, screw up the steering and it is better to fit the correct wheels in the first place.
    I would suggest15" rims with 8" front and 10" rear using 65 profile tyres, 195 to 225 front and 225 to 255 rear.
    A few have tied larger wheels and low profile but they don't really look right and are hard on the arse.

Still what do I know?
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

The question is, why do you want spacers?
    With the wheels and tyre size I had on the gulf nova I had to put 10mm spacers on the front as I found that without the tyres rubbed from lock to lock…
    Get the right offset for the wheels and you won’t go wrong…..
    For yourself, best to keep it standard.

I had to use 1/2 inch spacers because the back of the wheel ( not tire ) was fouling the disk brake calipers. That 1/2 inch was enough to create needed clearance.
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

Cheers guys

Its just that my alloys look a bit pathetic but all going well I will be buying mikes alloys and they look the dogs dangly bits , so all tip top thanks 😊