Thread: Blower motor

Blower motor

Went to the pick-a-part yard today(dimantlers)to get a new(used) blower for my system, Noticed in one of them it had a broken mount for the electric motor.

Well I found that and pulled it and then thought I'd look around (big mistake)

Wondered over to where the Mercedes SUV's were (M class)

They had a cool blower motor in them that started to make me rethink what I have.

This had the same blower motor in it but the intake and exit vents were different.
    There were 2 exit vents that were controlled by a servo. Perfect for a 2 function air vent. You could direct the air up or down, or dash vents and demist(defrost) vents.
    And you can control open and close function of the vents

Haven't looked at any of the wiring for it, but nothings impossible

It would have been nice to know of those intake vents before I made mine, I could of used them

First picture is of the exit vents and second picture shows the intake vents

IMG_20210907_102503.jpg

IMG_20210907_102639.jpg

PART_1631038241077_IMG_20210907_102702.jpg

Nice find, but then tempting to redo and rethink which is always dangerous.......why do something once, when we can do it 3 times until we are happy....at least that is what seems to happen to me

If I hadn't been this far in the current system I would probably go for it.

I don't need any more modifications. This fresh air vent wasn't on the agenda but after I realized there were no fresh air vents and the HVAC only circulated the interior air I had to come up with something.
    I was kind of thinking the windows would be enough to let air in but after thinking about it I decided not to rely on just the windows for fresh air.

Got the system done except for the switch. I'll post pictures later