Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The restoration of Norbert

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    looks good... hope it survives the winter storms `¬)

That's a good workshop space

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Well roof is on, back wall is still to be fitted but it's a tad tight but I can work fine like this so next week I can try and finish welding

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

So at long last I'm now able to work on the car, multiple areas at the same time.
    Pedals are back in, still need to hook the throttle up and tighten the clutch cable and make brake pipes etc

After making a chemical stripping tank at home I'm now able to paint and rust strip parts.

So seat runners have been in the vat for a week and after the 1st was have now become unsiezed.

Just need to take them to work and sand blast them

With the seat saga ongoing in my head I had the chance to buy some bucket seats, they require upholstery but allow me to test seating position.

Finally decided to finish welding the drivers side floor in,

5 liters of fiberglass resin, roving, hardener, and 10 meters of matting and the expanding foam have also arrived and I have started molding the new rear end,
    1 mold is in the process of laying matting 3rd coat on and hoping that will be enough

Wiring loom wire has also arrived ready to create a new loom

Quote Originally Posted by Dave0892 View Post
    So at long last I'm now able to work on the car, multiple areas at the same time.
    Pedals are back in, still need to hook the throttle up and tighten the clutch cable and make brake pipes etc

After making a chemical stripping tank at home I'm now able to paint and rust strip parts.

So seat runners have been in the vat for a week and after the 1st was have now become unsiezed.

Just need to take them to work and sand blast them

With the seat saga ongoing in my head I had the chance to buy some bucket seats, they require upholstery but allow me to test seating position.

Finally decided to finish welding the drivers side floor in,

5 liters of fiberglass resin, roving, hardener, and 10 meters of matting and the expanding foam have also arrived and I have started molding the new rear end,
    1 mold is in the process of laying matting 3rd coat on and hoping that will be enough

Wiring loom wire has also arrived ready to create a new loom

Oh and the broken column is also under investigation

sounds like creativity in progress, any photos on the new rear end?

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hello Man, Nice update.
    The rake on that seat is pretty steep, unless you are really tall?
    If you are tall, the Steering column may have to be extended a little or you can use a dished steering wheel.

You have got the main tube open, think about using it to run the main power cable to the starter motor.
    Also take the opportunity to spray some cavity wax up an down and in the Napoleon's Hat.
    Be sure to reach the bottom of the frame head near where the front beam mounts.

Keep the updates coming

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    sounds like creativity in progress, any photos on the new rear end?
    Working on that this weekend, decided I needed to see a lot of progress so making the rear panel and deciding on lower rear length plus fitting the canopy with out the rams fitted would at least mean it looks more like works been carried out

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hello Man, Nice update.
    The rake on that seat is pretty steep, unless you are really tall?
    If you are tall, the Steering column may have to be extended a little or you can use a dished steering wheel.

You have got the main tube open, think about using it to run the main power cable to the starter motor.
    Also take the opportunity to spray some cavity wax up an down and in the Napoleon's Hat.
    Be sure to reach the bottom of the frame head near where the front beam mounts.

Keep the updates coming
    Hi Steve

I intend to run the wiring loom battery cable and brake pipe through the tunnel, and yeah I had already thought about rust treatment.

The heater box will also be mounted on there too

And seeing as the steering column has actually snapped, there's a high chance of extending, and yes the rake does seem layed back 😳 which is why I really hope I can modify the MGB seats to fit

So today
    I mostly made the rear end.
    I think the Duck spoiler is way too high which is making the lights look too small

Aluminium slatted grill will be going in the lower section painted black, I've not made my mind up if the exhaust tip will also be coming through or twin tips hidden within the lower rear skirt.

I just need to get used to the rear as I say I think spoiler is too big or possibly lights too small, I may move the red led strip up that goes the width of the car

I also mocked up the rear engine cover that will be part of the rear louvre which will rise on a electric ram gives more room around the top of the engine for the turbo and su carb to sit.