Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italian Puma (Nova) in Switzerland ... interesting video

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar

Italian Puma (Nova) in Switzerland ... interesting video

Just stumbled across this video. The title translates as 'A model Never seen in Switzerland! Nova from 1967'

It's of a really nice example of a black Italian Puma which appears to be based in Switzerland going by the dual flags on the reg number. Interesting use of Fiat 128 rear lights and I like the headlamp covers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU6rMJOsR80

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    nice find, great example - the auto translate sub titles are interesting in places too `¬)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Well, this is interesting - it's a Nova, rather than a Puma, with a modified canopy mechanism that replicates the Puma system. How about that?

The giveaway is that the Puma GTV was a one-piece bodyshell with no opening bonnet (see below) - that area was reinforced to take the canopy hinges. Although this car has been completely de-seamed, it does not have the modified returns that typify the Puma GTV. Inside, it has the Mk1 dashboard base and side pockets (although the latter were shared with the Puma).

Overall it is a really nice example, just ruined by the Pininfarina badges inside and out

Why do people feel the need to justify their cars in this way???

I do like German and Swiss roads - flat, with very little camber, no hedges or other impairments to visibility and nice wide verges. Safe and rapid progress can be made!

(Apart from in Switzerland of course, with their draconian anti-car legislation - it's no wonder the Nova is considered a rare car there!)

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

I actually like the way the roof canopy works looks solid and reliable very OEM.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    nice find, great example - the auto translate sub titles are interesting in places too `¬)
    Until you mentioned it I had not tried turning those on, and yes they are hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Well, this is interesting - it's a Nova, rather than a Puma, with a modified canopy mechanism that replicates the Puma system. How about that?

The giveaway is that the Puma GTV was a one-piece bodyshell with no opening bonnet (see below) - that area was reinforced to take the canopy hinges. Although this car has been completely de-seamed, it does not have the modified returns that typify the Puma GTV. Inside, it has the Mk1 dashboard base and side pockets (although the latter were shared with the Puma).

Overall it is a really nice example, just ruined by the Pininfarina badges inside and out

Why do people feel the need to justify their cars in this way???

I do like German and Swiss roads - flat, with very little camber, no hedges or other impairments to visibility and nice wide verges. Safe and rapid progress can be made!

(Apart from in Switzerland of course, with their draconian anti-car legislation - it's no wonder the Nova is considered a rare car there!)

Lauren
    I have to agree with you Lauren the roads are great , it's their draconian attitude the Swiss boarder control thoroughly went over my Nova they couldn't understand why log book had VW (now changed)on it and there was an Alfa twin cam sitting in the back

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you know you can buy a 1:43 scale model of the Puma:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333491397...oaAiZgEALw_wcB

Not quite the same as a Nova but a close 2nd
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

It's a Nova not a Puma but thanks for sending - made a good watch and anything like this is often inspirational. I've always preferred the Puma to the Nova. It has subtle differences, some of which could be employed to the Nova, but others that would be difficult. I think the Puma appears more production-like, possibly due to the blended in upper to lower body panels as opposed to a trim separating them. I think the pivoting canopy is pretty cool too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EbC9tqjbVw

That's a Puma. Good luck getting the aspect ratio right.
    Last edited by NovaF4; 07-10-2022 at 07:37 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaF4 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EbC9tqjbVw

That's a Puma. Good luck getting the aspect ratio right.
    That is such a cool video. Shame the aspect ratio has gone all to pot. I guess Youtube has trouble figuring out 4:3 letterbox these days

The car is the original factory Puma GTV, being driven around its home city, Rome. The car makes several appearances in the film, in one of them you can clearly see the ripply moulding where the Nova bonnet was blended into the bodywork.

The Italian Puma Club say that the GTV was a Nova built under licence, but I asked Richard Oakes if ADD had ever granted permission to Adrianno Gatto and he insists that he did not - in fact he wasn't aware of this copy until I mentioned it. The one thing he did concede was that having a canopy that sealed along the front edge was a better design than one that had to seal all of the way around every time it was opened and closed. As our Swiss friend demonstrates, this also means you can drive along with the canopy open while remaining largely protected from elements

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!