Thread: Avante

That was hiding away not 20 miles from me!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Not much detail in the ad ... but it’s on the DVLA records as a ‘Volkswagen’ last taxed in 2007

Just think about the high quality British Avante currently being advertised in Germany for something like E15k, and the superb Avante restoration recently completed by Simon (Red9) ...... go on Mark, you know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Not much detail in the ad ... but it’s on the DVLA records as a ‘Volkswagen’ last taxed in 2007

Just think about the high quality British Avante currently being advertised in Germany for something like E15k, and the superb Avante restoration recently completed by Simon (Red9) ...... go on Mark, you know you want to
    Just started a new project, an 18ft sunbird cruiser boat which I found locally..
    But I am always looking !!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Just started a new project, an 18ft sunbird cruiser boat which I found locally..
    But I am always looking !!
    Aha! Nice one Mark

There must be something about kit cars and 18’ boats. I restored a Unicorn Catamaran several years ago and have another Unicorn waiting to be restored ... once my Nova’s on the road

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Looks like a nice project. here it is when it was on the road and still had its light flaps

http://retro-motoring.com/events/BVF...?file=DCP_2706

It then appeared on Twitter last year without the light flaps

https://twitter.com/barnfindsuk/stat...76152733470720

Dirk

OK I know i am not the mechanical minded type. But if this is VW chasis and is running a Golf engine! Why are there no Nova's running Golfs ? Am i missing something would it need an adapter plate ? The engines are plentiful,powerful not too expensive and pretty much bulletproof for reliability ?

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesam View Post
    OK I know i am not the mechanical minded type. But if this is VW chasis and is running a Golf engine! Why are there no Nova's running Golfs ? Am i missing something would it need an adapter plate ? The engines are plentiful,powerful not too expensive and pretty much bulletproof for reliability ?
    I understand that Golf engines are cast iron so given that it would sit upright the centre of gravity would be higher which could make cornering ‘interesting’

Consequently, if I ever change my VW Type 1 it would most likely be for a low centre of gravity boxer configuration like a Subaru ...

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I understand that Golf engines are cast iron so given that it would sit upright the centre of gravity would be higher which could make cornering ‘interesting’

Consequently, if I ever change my VW Type 1 it would most likely be for a low centre of gravity boxer configuration like a Subaru ...

Alistair

You can get a VW Beetle to Golf/Rabbit adapter from https://www.kennedyeng.com/ my opinion is that the higher centre of gravity of an inline 4 engine won't make much difference to handling, but I don't know that of course.

Agree that the weight of the engine might be more of a concern so check that first, but if you like the Golf lump I'd say go for it.

Keith use to have a golf GTI in one of his Nova's back in the day