Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nova windscreen

Nova windscreen

Just ordered a windscreen from Pilkintons as after watching an article about Pilkintons Glass on the news with massive price hike 30% + on the horizon for glass due to soring energy costs .They only will do the Nova screen in clear or blue tint now with no shade band available anymore, I will have to find some where safe to store it along with the original one

Are they still doing the black obscuration band around the edges to hide the sealant bonding area?

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Are they still doing the black obscuration band around the edges to hide the sealant bonding area?
    It seems not David, I was after a green tint with the black surround, the reply was they were only available in blue or clear without the black border
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    It seems not David, I was after a green tint with the black surround, the reply was they were only available in blue or clear without the black border
    Mike
    That seems very odd.

The templates were all moved across to the Finland plant from Essex and I had a black bordered screen delivered Jan 2020 from them.

can’t see why the option would be gone now?

I read on here that the border is not a problem as it can be added by buyer or to an old one, I am intending to add one when I re-bond mine.

I believe one uses a thinned down bonding agent or primer.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I read on here that the border is not a problem as it can be added by buyer or to an old one, I am intending to add one when I re-bond mine.

Yes - I did mine this way following Dirks advice:- http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...-begins/page40
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Sort of yes you can put an internal border on that way and looks fine but I think the proper border is on the outside. Doing it internally you still see any delamination.

Dirk

Kill any de lamination with nano glass repair liquid as soon as you see any. it creeps in by capillary action, super glue works too but not as well as nano glass repair as it is thinner.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Update on this, just spoke to Pilkington again, screen has a black surround, but cannot get the tinted top fade anymore, and only in clear or blue tint

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Update on this, just spoke to Pilkington again, screen has a black surround, but cannot get the tinted top fade anymore, and only in clear or blue tint
    _20211013_154015.jpg