Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Warwick's Old Nova For Sale ... Again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    you would be lucky today to get a T4 for less than 2K
    Studying the last photo in the advert I can see the engine is a type 3 which is based on the T1 engine but with a different cooling system (pancake instead of upright). So the engine is worth a lot less - more like the £700 or so you suggested for a type 1
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Been keeping an eye on this one (again!)

After frantic activity just after it appeared on eBay for the 3rd time which took the bids up to £5.1k nothing’s happened for the past 4 days and there’s just over a day left.

The current highest bid is from someone with a figure in brackets (ie net positive reviews) of just 2 (!?!) so I suspect something that I’m not prepared to commit to print.

.... I hope I’m wrong!

So the auction ended today at £5900 and the winning bidder had net positive reviews of 5 ...

Based on the last 2 auctions I suspect we’ll see this one back on again sometime soon. I hope I’m wrong

It’ll be back on tomorrow

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    It’ll be back on tomorrow
    It already is...
    Seriously though, the seller's rating is "3", the bidding history appears to show someone is deliberately hiking the price and with the questionable information...?
    Newp. No thanks.

Another important factor to consider is how quickly he relists the car!
    No seller in their right mind would give the prospective buyer a scant handfull of hours to pay or respond.
    The whole deal smacks of SCAM!

Last edited by Gaisa; 09-11-2021 at 10:44 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    He is defiantly bidding himself to up the price, so I have reported him to ebay they will be able to see all the bids and who they are from.

Dirk

Latest link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373785990502

To list a car on eBay costs around £17, been a few times now!

With a feedback of 6, all purchases, a seller has nothing to lose by trying dubious practices. .the unlucky sap who gets caught with the parcel at some point is the only one that loses, and a few £17s to get to that point are obviously worth the risk......There must be so many auctions going on like this that we don't have the oversight of.
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

No surprises there then! I see the ad is exactly the same, apart from the following addition to the description ...

“Listing one last time , why is eBay full of time wasters , who bid never answer emails or drops a message saying sorry have to cancel , becoming hard work .
    If you are seriously interested please contact me or even better come and view it.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    No surprises there then! I see the ad is exactly the same, apart from the following addition to the description ...

“Listing one last time , why is eBay full of time wasters , who bid never answer emails or drops a message saying sorry have to cancel , becoming hard work .
    If you are seriously interested please contact me or even better come and view it.”
    On items like this one should put a minimum feedback score of 10, cuts out a lot of idiots.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl