Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 78 of 78

Thread: Warwick's Old Nova For Sale ... Again!!

  1. #71
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    2,253
    Really strange! .... 6 days still to go but it’s already up to £4500 from a bidder with over 800 net positive reviews ...

    If I was a serious buyer I’d wait till the last few minutes before showing my hand

  2. #72
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    2,253
    More strange activity... unless I don’t fully understand how eBay works?

    Since reaching £4600 a couple of days ago there have been 4 separate bids (by someone with a net positive review of just 5) at different times for exactly the same amount, ie £4700.

    If the bidder had put in automatic bids, say to increase the most recent bid by £100, then the total would keep increasing. However, I just don’t get why someone would bid £4700 on 4 separate occasions when nobody else appears to be bidding?!?

  3. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Nr New Quay, Ceredigion
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    More strange activity... unless I don’t fully understand how eBay works?

    Since reaching £4600 a couple of days ago there have been 4 separate bids (by someone with a net positive review of just 5) at different times for exactly the same amount, ie £4700.

    If the bidder had put in automatic bids, say to increase the most recent bid by £100, then the total would keep increasing. However, I just don’t get why someone would bid £4700 on 4 separate occasions when nobody else appears to be bidding?!?
    He is technically bidding against himself. At the moment he has the car for 4.7, but may have thought I will put my max to 4.9, then later 5.2 and again later 5.5.
    eBay will show these bids but they are still winning at 4.7.
    Hope that makes sense.
    For info I would not trust a buyer with a score of 5….

  4. #74
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    He is technically bidding against himself. At the moment he has the car for 4.7, but may have thought I will put my max to 4.9, then later 5.2 and again later 5.5.
    eBay will show these bids but they are still winning at 4.7.
    Hope that makes sense.
    For info I would not trust a buyer with a score of 5….
    Cheers Mark, thanks for explaining ... no, I wouldn't trust a buyer with a low score either, or a seller for that matter ... he's only got a score of 6

  5. #75
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Estepona, Spain
    Posts
    4,260
    It may be someone bided less then 4700 but eBay shows the larger bid as a way of showing movement. eBay is weird.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Nr New Quay, Ceredigion
    Posts
    1,643
    So it “ sold” for 7.1k, but the buyer with a feedback of just 5 has ruined the sale for anyone that was genuinely interested in buying the car.
    At some stage it will either be back on eBay, but any genuine buyer will need to directly link in with the seller and properly view the car.

  7. #77
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    So it “ sold” for 7.1k, but the buyer with a feedback of just 5 has ruined the sale for anyone that was genuinely interested in buying the car.
    At some stage it will either be back on eBay, but any genuine buyer will need to directly link in with the seller and properly view the car.
    Totally agree Mark. I was watching it too and feel sorry for anyone who's genuinely interested in buying this Nova.

    To be honest, having observed the strange bidding each of the 3 times this has been advertised on ebay, I wouldn't want to deal with this guy. He bought the Nova for what it was worth and is determined to rip off an unsuspecting buyer.

    This isn't the last Nova on Earth so remember that patience is a virtue .... other Novas will definitely turn up before too long!
    Last edited by BlueNova; 16-11-2021 at 08:38 PM.

  8. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Totally agree Mark. I was watching it too and feel sorry for anyone who's genuinely interested in buying this Nova.

    To be honest, having observed the strange bidding each of the 3 times this has been advertised on ebay, I wouldn't want to deal with this guy. He bought the Nova for what it was worth and is determined to rip off an unsuspecting buyer.

    This isn't the last Nova on Earth so remember that patience is a virtue .... other Novas will definitely turn up before too long!
    To be brutally honest, the ONLY way anyone should purchase that car from the "seller" would be to see it in person and offer them the true value in cash.
    If they turn their nose up, they can keep it and the old girl will languish in the hands of an idiot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •