Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Warwick's Old Nova For Sale ... Again!!

Sold at over 5600. I have a feeling we will see it re-appear….

Mikemrb could go and view this time !
    I always wonder why it only has distant photos. It needs close ups of interior and engine. Even underneath.
    I wonder what the reserve is ?
    Any sensible potential buyer would do their research, and that includes viewing this forum.
    This one will keep going ……….

Link for convenience. Knew it would be back.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswage...-127635-2958-0

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Mikemrb could go and view this time !
    I always wonder why it only has distant photos. It needs close ups of interior and engine. Even underneath.
    I wonder what the reserve is ?
    Any sensible potential buyer would do their research, and that includes viewing this forum.
    This one will keep going ……….
    Shame to see cars getting passed around. She looked much the same back in 2013 when Mick was asking if anyone knew the car ....

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post106733

In the meantime, the previous owner who advertised it on Facebook last month included a few closer photos and acknowledged that it would need a new screen .....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...86930342313242

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Shame to see cars getting passed around. She looked much the same back in 2013 when Mick was asking if anyone knew the car ....

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post106733

In the meantime, the previous owner who advertised it on Facebook last month included a few closer photos and acknowledged that it would need a new screen .....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...86930342313242

Alistair

Its in a bit of a state ... The Present owner needs to be a little more honest in my opinion ..The pictures are cleverly taken but no one in their right mind is going to pay £5.5k for that !
    it will just keep reappearing on Ebay until he realises that the correct price is the one it sold for on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesam View Post
    Its in a bit of a state ... The Present owner needs to be a little more honest in my opinion ..The pictures are cleverly taken but no one in their right mind is going to pay £5.5k for that !
    it will just keep reappearing on Ebay until he realises that the correct price is the one it sold for on Facebook
    I have to agree Sam.

I suspect he bought it thinking he could make a quick profit after seeing NN17's advert but didn't know how much a screen costs!

Hopefully he can sell it to someone who is genuinely interested in restoring her and they are (or subsequently become) a member of the Forum so that we can offer words of wisdom to help when they want advice.

In the meantime, for anyone contemplating buying her, here she is at the Scottish Kit Car Show in Edinburgh around 1990 when Warwick owned her and lived in Scotland

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    It still has the Colt Sapporo dashboard and the natty switch pod attached to the canopy trim panel (so it falls easily to hand when the canopy is closed). Sad to see it in such poor condition, it was a real looker in its day

I wish these ebay chancers would realise that they can make more money trading 3-series Beamers and leave the poor Nova alone. It really is tragic for the car and can't be good for the seller either, they must lose money every time it is re-listed... unless the car is bought by another unsuspecting punter, and then the whole sorry process starts over again
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    It still has the Colt Sapporo dashboard and the natty switch pod attached to the canopy trim panel (so it falls easily to hand when the canopy is closed). Sad to see it in such poor condition, it was a real looker in its day

I wish these ebay chancers would realise that they can make more money trading 3-series Beamers and leave the poor Nova alone. It really is tragic for the car and can't be good for the seller either, they must lose money every time it is re-listed... unless the car is bought by another unsuspecting punter, and then the whole sorry process starts over again
    The seller only bought it last month Lauren ... so he's quite simply trying to make money on it for very little effort.

To be honest if I had more garage space (and an understanding Mrs Bluenova!) I'd be happy to pay him what it was advertised for when he bought it and then do a full resto .... but I reckon I'd only win that arguement once my Bluenova is back on the road and I can start another!