Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warwick's Old Nova For Sale ... Again!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Agree with Dan on this, suprised that it has already reached such a healthy figure with 5 days remaining...

I would have expected bidding to fizzle-out early and then have a flurry of late activity in the final 30mins...

IIRC This car was sitting in a barn for n years, so I am wondering what the chassis/underpinnings/interior are like; at 2.6k this seems like good value, but personally I wouldn't bid much higher without taking a look myself; bring your overalls.
    They don't mention the broken screen in the auction description

And that’s near enough a grand to sort out straight away…

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    And thatís near enough a grand to sort out straight awayÖ
    Don't tell me I've just bought one

Sorry! Never a nice thing to have to buy

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Don't tell me I've just bought one
    This is maybe a good time to highlight (for anyone who isn’t already aware) how dangerous it can be if your bonnet isn’t secure and it flips back onto your windscreen whilst driving. .... Not only scary but very costly!!

Note to self ... make my bonnet hinged at the front before I drive my Nova after her resto

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    This is maybe a good time to highlight (for anyone who isnít already aware) how dangerous it can be if your bonnet isnít secure and it flips back onto your windscreen whilst driving. .... Not only scary but very costly!!

Note to self ... make my bonnet hinged at the front before I drive my Nova after her resto

Alistair
    Thatís what happened to my first screen not long after getting the car ,the catch broke ,considering the original was a metal locker lock not designed to hold a car panel not surprising soon changed to forward hinged ,I think the screen cost around £100 then

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    yeah, same here; bonnet through windscreen - the bonnet flew up and ended up on the road behind me... a very early lesson learnt `¨)
    Not sure where it says the windscreen is broken in the ad? but at a grand, doesn't it put into perspective the 'high value' of the rest of the car... Would be better indication if there were pics of the interior and state of the chassis though...

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    Be a good one to watch in the final hours
    So with just over 3 days to go and 14 bidders, itís currently sitting at £3450 ...

I was expecting that in the last hours but it still has days to go.
    If itís real and isnít being influenced then it could well be a big sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    yeah, same here; bonnet through windscreen - the bonnet flew up and ended up on the road behind me... a very early lesson learnt `¨)
    Not sure where it says the windscreen is broken in the ad? but at a grand, doesn't it put into perspective the 'high value' of the rest of the car... Would be better indication if there were pics of the interior and state of the chassis though...
    If you look at the front view pics around drivers head area you can see the damage ,I asked the seller and they confirm its cracked