Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Italia at Brooklands

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Auto Italia at Brooklands

Yes, after a 2-year hiatus, and a delay until the Autumn, the biggest Italian car show in the country was back on the 10th October, and in the midst of the fuel shortages throughout the region (I had been rationing my fuel for 3 weeks beforehand) I was determined to get to this show, if nothing else!

Here's a few snaps to be getting on with. Full report in due course

Is it a Sebring? No, it's a DeTomaso Mangusta!

That's yer lot for now. The good news is that I averaged over 40 mpg in spite of the diabolical traffic leaving the site, and I still had enough fuel to get to work and back on Tuesday to get my company laptop fixed. Even better, I managed to get some fuel yesterday and didn't even have to queue.

More pictures and full show report coming soon!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Lauren,
    Every time you post photos of your Green Machine with other classic cars, she quite simply outshines them all. So much credit to Richard Oakes’ design and your vision and engineering skills 👏
    Alistair 👍

Yes nice car

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Yes. Fantastic looking car ! it just sits there saying look at me

Nice one Lauren, and so good to see your car back in regular use
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Some nice pics your car always out shines the others.

Dirk

Looking good, but something doesn't quite look the same on the side profile versus other Nova's.

It looks somehow "fatter", did you change the side panels in someway making them deeper, particularly at the front?

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Looking good, but something doesn't quite look the same on the side profile versus other Nova's.

It looks somehow "fatter", did you change the side panels in someway making them deeper, particularly at the front?
    Hi Dave - there is a heavily triangulated steel frame under the canopy hinges, I suspect the sill panel doesn't wrap around under the body as tightly as it does on other Novas, which makes the sill look deeper at the front. I think it is only obvious from certain angles though...

Not so obvious from this angle I think...

Lauren

It rained a bit mid-morning, which was good as a number of bonnets/doors and most of crowds abated - not that you would notice in the Alfa "car park", which was a handy refuge when the crowds got too much for my COVID paranoia...

This was actually a Fiat, I thought it was a Simca Abarth like the blue one. The one negative comment I received about the Green Machine was that it should be painted red, because green is such a Lamborghini colour

Ladies and gentlemen, may I draw your attention to the GREEN Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm parked next to the Fiat. Case closed M'lud

I love all the chrome on this X1/9, makes it look more sophisticated somehow.

And checkout those tiny alloys (shod with equally cute racing Pirellis) on this Fiat 850 coupe...

Q: how can you tell a genuine Lancia Stratos from the plethora of kit-built variants at the show?
    A: only an original Stradale would roll on 70 profile tyres

If you are going to leave the rear louvre off a Nova, this is the look to be aiming for. Dino 308 GT4...

Next batch of snaps coming soon...

Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Hi Dave - there is a heavily triangulated steel frame under the canopy hinges, I suspect the sill panel doesn't wrap around under the body as tightly as it does on other Novas, which makes the sill look deeper at the front. I think it is only obvious from certain angles though...

Not so obvious from this angle I think...

Lauren
    Yes not noticeable in this one. the green machine is looking good