Thread: Cost of a Nova

Cost of a Nova

After browsing though classifed adds, ebay, facebook it seems there is no fixed price for a Nova. I noticed a couple on ebay, one just went for around £5k another listed at £10,500, some on facebook for much low prices. Is there a price range that I can work from. I know certain things on the car cost a great deal and are hard to find but as a general rule what should I be looking to pay for a.
    1. needs lots of work project car
    2. needs a small amount of work
    3. Perfect ready for the road car
    Any advice would be welcome
    Mark

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by menright View Post
    After browsing though classifed adds, ebay, facebook it seems there is no fixed price for a Nova. I noticed a couple on ebay, one just went for around £5k another listed at £10,500, some on facebook for much low prices. Is there a price range that I can work from. I know certain things on the car cost a great deal and are hard to find but as a general rule what should I be looking to pay for a.
    1. needs lots of work project car
    2. needs a small amount of work
    3. Perfect ready for the road car
    Any advice would be welcome
    Mark
    Hi Mark,

Hmmm, how long is a piece of string and a car’s worth what the right buyer is prepared to pay, etc, etc.

However, based solely on my own observations over the past 4 years I’d suggest you should generally be looking at around ...

1. £1k to £3k
    2. £5k to £10k
    3. £10k upwards

Novas don’t appear for sale that often, and cars in category 3 are extremely rare so you’re more likely to find one needing work. Sounds from your other post like you’ve already got experience of car building but there’s plenty of Nova specific experience on the Forum. The Forum is a good place to find Novas for sale because some of us scan the adverts and post links to adverts. Also, those members who consider selling sometimes let us know before they advertise elsewhere.

All the best with your search!
    Alistair

I agree with Alistairs figures, prices have generally increased in recent years (probably as a result of more people recognising the Nova as a true Classic). Practically any project is do-able providing all the fibreglass parts are present and the car is already registered with a V5c. It's all VW beetle parts and there is a huge after market supporting the classic Beetle so getting mechanical parts isn't a problem. The most expensive component is the screen - budget £1000 if you need a new one, everything else is reasonably affordable.

Another good way to gauge prices is to look at the prices of Beach Buggies which is a comparable type of car
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns