Thread: Double A arm rear suspension

Double A arm rear suspension

Hi has anyone heard of a company called Imohr . They do a Double A arm rear suspension kit that bolts on and around the beetle gearbox . Has anyone looked into this . I noticed they also do a mid engine rear end set up if you are making your own chassis ?

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Ive not come across them before, but from their website it looks like a nice piece of kit. Some what like Red9, but seems better in some aspects and they make their own spindles for standard or lowered drops on their competition version
    Last edited by islandman; 12-11-2021 at 02:37 AM.

Yeah. Still don't know which direction I'm going in chassis wise . Subaru engine gearbox maybe with pie valley front end . Or thinking about that double wishbone rear end but don't think it fits Subaru gearbox so would have to stick with VW box . Suppose there is a big advantage by swapping gearbox for a 5 speed . The build might be easier if I just stick with beetle running gear and get a hi performance air-cool motor but they are not cheap . I seem to be having trouble coming to a decision ha . In the mean time will concentrate on canopy hinges and then light pod area next time I go home , hopefully same time as the stones show .

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice find; that A-arm kit looks decent.

You will probably need to raise the front-end of the car (above stock) to keep the undertray off the tarmac, so whatever A-arm kit you choose needs to be modify-able.

For my build, the 5-speed box was a must-have.
    You get some bonuses with the 5 speed scooby box, it handles more power, you get a beefier clutch, 100mm output flanges (or more) for bigger CV joints, Hydraulic clutch conversion (that's more work during the build - but I count it as a bonus).