Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very nice NOVA on EBAY

Very nice NOVA on EBAY

I am sure this has been on the forum before but I can't recall who owns it. A very nice lookling car with a cracking set of wheels !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165211594...oAAOSwbAFhp6G7

I know Alistair will have the full details but this looks like tobiasís old car which was recently advertised by our dealer friend. It seems the current owner has done nothing to it bar trying to make a quick couple of grand !!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I know Alistair will have the full details but this looks like tobiasís old car which was recently advertised by our dealer friend. It seems the current owner has done nothing to it bar trying to make a quick couple of grand !!
    yep,, Tobiasís old car. Was at Sheffield dealer with that engine not yet fitted - engine has not been run in the car.

The repaint needed on rear wing is a kind description- pics on prior advert showed more. Rear bumper section has been split and parts glassed in. The joint was splitting and cracked. Suspect that repair will grow as started! Looked at this when on sale last time.

Solid base but price hike seems optimistic.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Nothing to add other than I just donít understand why he doesnít simply fit a new clutch and then bolt on the engine ... with just 4 bolts itís one of the easiest engines to fit!

Unless of course thereís something else he and the Sheffield dealer arenít disclosing?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Nothing to add other than I just donít understand why he doesnít simply fit a new clutch and then bolt on the engine ... with just 4 bolts itís one of the easiest engines to fit!
    I could be wrong but didn't Tobias say there was an issue with the transmission when he fitted a more powerful engine? Maybe the seller should refit the engine with a new clutch just to re-assure any buyer that would prefer a test drive first before buying?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post

Unless of course thereís something else he and the Sheffield dealer arenít disclosing?

Yeah it does make you wonder.--

This is the first time I have seen some good quality pics of the car - I like it!
    I think the colour works, interior/dash is ok, I like the writing on the A pillar, I would like to know where the wing mirrors came from - nice.
    I take the point that there is a list of jobs ...

No mention of the underpinnings though, is the chassis OK?
    There appears to be a support frame for the rear body, that is a nice feature,
    I think Tobias fitted a new Ali fuel tank to the car - no mention of that.

It looks like the Gear shift was not relocated back during the build, hence the bent gear lever, tall drivers will have a problem with that and it is a bugger to fix with the body on.

What is the overall view on this car, is it worth the asking price, given that it needs a clutch and engine fitted? Been looking for one for a while now. Does look nice. I spoke to the seller and he says he has not got enough tim to fit a clutch and the engine hence the low price, if he does the price will increase.
    Any advice would be wleocme
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by menright View Post
    What is the overall view on this car, is it worth the asking price, given that it needs a clutch and engine fitted? Been looking for one for a while now. Does look nice. I spoke to the seller and he says he has not got enough tim to fit a clutch and the engine hence the low price, if he does the price will increase.
    Mark
    For that money I'd want it running to know if the gearbox /engine are ok as its such quick job to fit a beetle engine

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Mark
    Hi Mark,

Have a look through Tobiasís thread. He used to own the car. Better still, send him a private message to ask his opinion, coz heís the last person to have driven the car and he carried out lots of work on her. You can find his thread here ...

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post123573

Cheers,
    Alistair

Mark
    Mark, please note that he spent about 2 grand less to buy from a dealer and the car has had nothing done to it since he bought the car!!!!
    Head somehow needs to rule heart in how progress but I wish you all the beast 👍